I undertook a daunting task today. I cleaned out my bag. It took a long time. I’m not sure how it ever got to this state as I’m usually a
compulsive freak fairly-organized person. But just for kicks, and because I’ll probably never be featured in the real Us Weekly, I thought I’d do a little segment called…
What’s In My Bag?
Here’s my list, with some photos below, but without the uber-expensive designer make-up.
- One Whole Foods receipt (guess how much it was for and I’ll give you a prize hug round of applause)
- Two tubes of Blistex Silk & Shine lip balm. Ooh yeah, baby.
- One Kindergarten class list (has this been in my bag since September?)
- One application for summer camp… due on March 14th
- One Target receipt (guess how much it’s for and I’ll give you the Whole Foods receipt)
- A bookmark that reads, “The dog is everybody’s friend.” This one is especially odd because first of all, there is no book and second of all, I don’t really like dogs.
- Two small Starbucks straws. (Fun fact about me! I ONLY like the small SBs straws. Even with a Venti drink, I still need a small straw. I keep a few extra on hand because it seems hard for some people to remember this fun fact about me. But NOT my husband. Nope, not talking about him.)
- One Husky, one tiger and one sparkly, shiny gold and green stuffed frog
- Three lollipops (two DumDum, one Tootsie)
- One Splenda (don’t use this artificial crap… it’ll kill you, ya know)
- One roll of Scotch tape. No dispenser. Just the roll.
- Seven pens. Seven. Because you never know when six might run out of ink.
- Six Magic Markers. Because you never know when that seventh pen might run out of ink. And you absolutely need to be able to draw at the diner.
- One travel size baby powder. Great for getting sand off of wet feet. (And as substitute deodorant. Not that I’ve tried that.)
- A grocery list on which the only items are “Pickles (spears and chips), granola, ricotta cheese” (Bon Appetit!)
- One snack bag of semi-crushed Christmas M&Ms. (I’ve actually noticed these in there a few times, but I keep putting them back in… who can part with a bag of M&Ms?)
- Three hair barrettes and two elastics. (Yet, I can never find one when I need one)
- Ear mitts (you’ll see)
- One receipt from Hands on Pottery for two ceramic puppies (Loud One) and one plate (me)
- Two dried-up baby wipes. Clean, I hope.
- Two pairs of junky sunglasses because my good ones are missing. Happy Dude loves to try them on. And eat them.
- Two flower and three Diego stickers from the dentist. “Hola Baby Jaguar!”
- One checkbook… with no checks
- A whole boatload of crumpled tissues. Clean, I hope.
- Ooooh! I just found my good sunglasses… right next to the nail file. Fantastic.
- One crushed free-sample cup from the grocery store
- An unopened tube of hand-sanitizer. (I don’t want my kids becoming immune to that Super Germ. Or whatever.)
- One red train (Percy?)
- One mysterious yellow-and-black plastic thing
- And this:
I’m sorry, I promise this is usually a family-friendly website.
PPS. This was fun. Next week, I may do a “Krissy Mac: She’s Just Like Us!” segment and show you pictures of me taking out the garbage.
PS. *Real* post coming tomorrow morning. I know you’re PSYCHED.